Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wow

I can't believe that it has been a year and a half since the last time I put anything on this blog. I am such a flake. I guess I should try to fill in the last little while.

First, November of 2010, There was a fire in the apartment above us and we had to be removed from our apartment. We were with My mom and dad for 3 1/2 to 4 months. Finally on Feb 14th of 2011, we were able to move back into our apartment. I know the kids were really happy to be back in their own space.

Second, The day after the fire, Tom was put on administrative leave from the City of Upland. So now we had no job but at least we were still being paid and had no home to be in. It boiled down to on about the 23 of December 2010 Tom was officially let go from his position in the City. We went on unemployment for a little while, thank heavens that we had our tax return this year because half of it went to paying for 2 months rent in advance.

Tom finally started looking for work and found something in the San Diego area. We then had to decide on moving or staying here. Tom and I decided that moving after school got out for the kids would be the best plan. He was working there and I was packing, preparing a house to be moved into storage. We left Riverside on the 23 of June 2011. We made it down to our little trailer in El Cajon, CA.

This move took alot out of me and my emotional reserves. It took a few weeks for us to be okay staying on our little home with the understanding that I would be bringing the kids back for school if we didn't have anything permanent to live in. We have about a 100 square foot trailer. I needed the kids to have room to go homework since all 3 are in school now. In July the kids and I came up to Riverside for a weekend and ended up staying here semi permanently. We are still planning to move back down but Tom's hours were being cut and it made more sense to have the kids in a safe enviroment for schooling.

I now have my job back at Madison Elementary and the kids are registered for their classes. The nice thing is that I never removed their transcripts from Madison. We are now going to be here for a few months.

Wow what a crazy year.

2 comments:

Giulia said...

We love the header picture! I think your night time camera features are awesome!

LaRene said...

now there is a light in the air and we can see this family