Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 11,2012

Well here it is a month and a half since the last post that I made. I am so grateful for the chance that my family is having to be a family again. On June 16th we moved into a house in Temecula, Ca. We are so glad that we are able to be together. I was easier on my kids than I thought that it would be. They are so resilient. Kristianne is already registered for Middle school and will pick up her schedule on August 10th. The boys are still waiting to get their papers turned in. It will be August 1st, when we will finish their registration. We love the ward down here. They are so welcoming and open to new people. The fourth of July we went to the big sports park 5 minutes from our house and watched fireworks. We could have just seen them from our front yard but it was the experience of sitting on the grass or in camping chairs and watching them so close. The only thing that was really wierd was that we all needed coats and blankets. It was so cold. This month is a fun one. We have gotten our Library cards and go to the library at least 2 times a week. We are waiting to get some proof that we are residents and we will be able to attend free swim at the rec center for under 6 dollars for myself and the kids. It is somewhere they love to be in the water. Also this month, Noah is participating in his first Raingutter Regatta for cub scouts. We have made a great boat and are hoping that all goes well with the construction. Kristianne gets to attend the temple for the first time to do baptisms for the dead in the San Diego Temple. I get to go with her and be a parent helper for this trip. I love that this is such a positive move for all of us. I know that Tom has been much happier having all his family together again with him. He is still working lots of hours but has had time to get his HAM radio licence. He is now a Ametuer Radio operator. In an emergency we will be used to help in that area. We are now also in a calling. Both Tom and I have been called to teach the 7 year old primary class. They needed a team to teach it because there is a mild special need child in the class. We are up for the challenge and we are feeling really excited to be part of a ward again. With a calling that is.

2 comments:

LaRene said...

2Congrats on the new calling. That will be fun for you. I hope that you really enjoy it.

We love you all

Transplanted Italian said...

I am very happy for you guys to be together again. I love you updates and always hope for more :) We need to stay in touch, I enjoyed our skype and phone conversations! We love you all, and we send a special hug to those three wonderful children of yours, my niece and nephews. Make sure you give it to them from Aunt Giulia and Uncle Daniel who is sleeping now. I will have to blog about our Ward Camp, we just got back.