Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 24, 2012

Well it has been a wonderful week. Today is Pioneer day and as a family we are going to go to a picnic for our ward tonight. I have also been told that I have mastered making Disappearing Bars. Noah loves them and I made them for the second time today. I think they will be even better then the first time I made them which was last week. I have tried before but they never came out right. Thanks mom for being on Skype with me for an hour making sure that I was doing it right. Noah said that this time looks even better then the last time I tried. We are loving our calling. We have the kids in primary that are being baptized this year. In fact on the 4th of August we are attending one of our kids' baptism. We are getting them to love us and trust us. It is really easy for Tom, he is such a big kid that they respond to that fast. I on the other hand have a hard time not being in the reverent mode. I really want them to understand what the gospel is and the love they personally can have from it. Not only are we teaching primary but this Sunday. It is the 29th if anyone wanted to know. We are all speaking. Kristianne is giving a youth talk. Then me and then my husband. I hope that we are all ready by then and are following what the Lord wants us to bring up from our topic. Kristianne's topic is easier, it is Joseph Smith's first vision. I get to speak about Prayer as a Decision maker. I think Tom is speaking on becoming converted. Giving talks is not my favorite thing to do but the Lord has asked though his servant the bishop so I will. I would love to hear from anyone that has skype. We have the computer on alot and I am online all the time. If any of my family would love to talk, we are here. Just so you know. Well that is all for the update. I do need to say that I love the gospel. I am so grateful that I have been blessed to live now so that I can have it in my life. Keep the faith and stay strong.

2 comments:

Giulia said...

Sharra, I will be thinking of you this Sunday (I am teaching sharing time, both hours Junior and Senior Primary..and I am still wondering HOW that is going to go....first time in my life teaching sharing time.) I know you will be inspired along with Kristianne and Tom! I like the topics.
t sounds like you are doing great in your new Ward. I love that age group you are teaching...it would be as if you were teaching Hannah's class, great age.
I have anjoyed an hour on the computer this afternoon catching up on friends and family blogs. Dinner is waiting for me to make it now, but this long comment must count as a small phone call...although it is more like a monologue or me leaving a message in your answering machine? Okay...it is getting way long...but I am laughing and you are probably too.
I love you.

California Guymons said...

I was wondering if you would let me in to your blog. I don't have access any more.